An introduction

Saturday, January 9, 2010

As I sit here on my uncomfortable IKEA couch surrounded by blankets and knitting fragments watching the end of Sense & Sensibility, I am pondering the point of starting a blog. According to my husband, I don't have the time to be creating any new commitments in my day. He has a point, though I know the driving force behind comments like that is his desire for less competition of my time. Surprisingly, he thinks I would be good at blogging. So maybe I won't be guilted about this as much as some other things. In any case, I need a place to throw my random thoughts into the ether of the internet.

Should I have a purpose statement? Well, I don't really have a purpose. More like good intentions. So let's list my intentions. These are some of the topics I intend to discuss.

  1. All things knitting - patterns I create, my progress and results of projects, general thoughts and experiences related to knitting.
  2. Book reviews - I'm in a book club, and I am addicted to audiobooks. My reviews will not be literary. I always hated writing book reports.
  3. Topics that currently occupy precious brain space - I will randomly obsess about things. This can vary widely from bathroom exhaust fans to panini presses to how to connect my laptop to the TV. If it's rattling around in there, I'll try to dump it here.

I don't intend on updating this on a regular basis. Only when the mood strikes me. Committing myself to a schedule will be fruitless and setting myself up for failure.

I hope , for those of you who stumble across my blog, that I can provide some useful information and maybe provide a little entertainment to boot.

Welcome to my blog.

0 comments:

 
My sweater: unraveled - by Templates para novo blogger